Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas To-Dos

This weekend my husband and I started our Christmas "to do" list. It feels really good to get going on this stuff so we don't have a last-minute scramble the week of Christmas. Since we have to travel to see our family, it's just easier to get everything in order early.

Our Christmas "To Do" List:
  • Decorate
  • Make Ornaments*
  • Send Cards
  • Buy Gifts**
  • Bake Cookies***
  • Make Fudge****
  • Assemble Cookie Boxes*****
  • Wrap Presents
  • Figure Out Christmas Outfits
  • Pack
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Every year my husband and I go to the craft store and pick out some goofy ornament kits. Sometimes we paint pieces of wood to look like gingerbread men or we glue goofy stuff to felt - this year we made reindeer! Pretty cute, huh? It's neat, our tree gets more ornaments on it every year, and it's always fun to look back at our goofy handmade ones and remember the time we spent together...sometimes cursing over the hot glue gun...but together all the same.

** I signed up for Amazon Prime and started buying gifts on Friday, and some have already arrived! I'm not one for shopping in general, let alone when things are crazy with Christmas chaos. My husband and I usually go for a few nice relaxing walks around town during Christmas - it's much more fun when you don't have a mission.

*** The cookies have been started! We got through sugar cookies, gingerbread men, and chocolate spritz pressed cookies. Some time this week I'll do my shortbread!

**** My husband makes amazing rocky road fudge, but it requires fancy expensive chocolate. This one will need to wait till we have a few more pennies. There's also a rumor that he'll be doing truffles as well!

*****I do cookie boxes for most of my friends and family as christmas presents. I find this to be both frugal and fun, besides, who doesn't love cookies and fudge?

No comments:

Post a Comment