Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas To-Do List - 17 days left

Husband's Darth Vader Snowflake
Our Christmas "To Do" List:
  • Decorate
  • Make Ornaments
  • Send Cards
  • Buy Gifts
  • Bake Cookies
  • Make Fudge
  • Assemble Cookie Boxes
  • Wrap Presents
  • Figure Out Christmas Outfits
  • Pack
Since my last post, I've totally made progress! The cookies are done, I only have three more gifts to purchase, and we're going shopping for Christmas outfits this weekend.

I completed the shortbread last night, which was the last of my baking. It's my great grandmother's recipe, and it's always amazing. I was lucky enough to inherit my Gram's shortbread cookie cutter, and I enjoy thinking about her as I make my shortbread each year.

As I write this, my husband is making truffles. I signed up to be the truffle-taster. Since I'm the only other person in the house, I think I stand a good chance at getting the job.

My husband also expressed interest in making tamales this weekend. We made them two years ago, and they came out terrific. Last year, due to some unexpected family emergencies, we weren't able to make them or do any baking. This year, however, we're giving our kitchen a run for its money. I thought about adding the tamales to my list, but since it's a "bonus" and not part of the main plan, I won't feel bad if I don't complete it.

I'm really excited at our progress, and we have 17 more days to get the rest done. Hopefully by this time next week I'll have most all of the list crossed out!

No comments:

Post a Comment