|Caldera Brewing's IPA|
As I was browsing around Whole Foods looking for something I haven’t tried, the Caldera cans practically burst off of the shelf with their brilliant colors. High end beer in a can? Who am I to judge until I give it a try!
An American-style India Pale Ale brewed with plenty of body and an assertive hop profile. Malts: Premium Two Row, Munich, Crystal Hops: Simcoe, Centennial, Amarillo; Alcohol by Volume: 6.1%; IBU 94, SRM: 10.1
My tasting notes:
- Appearance — Rich gold color with a light tan head, excellent head retention
- Smell — Citrus and floral hoppy smell with from herb notes, fresh grass. Some sweet malty smell
- Taste — Bitter hopiness up front, then the resinous hop flavor shines though. some good toasted malty flavor with it
- Mouthfeel — Crisp, well carbonated nice and smooth
- Drinkability — Great session beer, easy drinker for an IPA
This has made me a believer in the can. While I’ll never shy away from some inexpensive PBR or some High Life, it’s great to see some high quality, high flavor brews in the same light compact container. These will help make by baseball season full (and my wallet empty).
$9.99 for a 6 pack at Whole Foods (prices may vary)
This brew would go perfect with some grilling, and the can is perfect for some outdoors action.