Before our horrible Sant Barbara weather hit - two days of light rain - I stopped by to pick up a few brews for the weekend. Given our nice warm weather at the time, I was feeling summery and went for something lighter and local.
Island Brewing Company's Description:
A Kolsch-style ale brewed from five different types of malt, with a liberal dose of Czech Saaz hops. The result is one of our most popular ales and a nice balance of lingering malt flavors and a subtle hop finish. So light and smooth the first glass invites a second.
1st Place, 2004 CA State Fair
4.8% Alcohol by Volume
My tasting notes
- Appearance - Golden clear yellow with a nice foamy white head, fizzy
- Smell - Crisp slightly spicy smell of the Saaz hops, slightly sour and somewhat earthy
- Taste - Crisp, lightly hopped with some citrus/lemon character and a sweet malty flavor
- Mouthfeel - Nice and light, with a somewhat dry finish
- Drinkability - Easy-drinker, great for a summer day at the beach, or head to the Carpinteria for a few pints. Would be a great session beer